Thursday, October 15, 2009

Job 38-42

I re-read chapter 38, because I really like it. I really like 38:3:

Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

God basically tells Job to be a man, and do what's required.. I really wish I could be more of a man than I am. I'm not trying to earn sympathy or go fishing for compliments, but I really need to step my game up sometimes. It gets so bad I can smell my own mediocrity.

Anyway.
God explains to Job that nothing He does is fully understandable by man, and in the last chapter, Job comes full circle. His friends offer an offering for their actions and lack of helpful spirit, and Job gets blessed twice as much as he had before, and then dies.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment