Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Where I lay my head is home.

It's the time of the year when college students all over the country head back home for a week or two. And college is a great thing, and I have nothing against it, but I do know that I'm enjoying my life much more than most college students.

I moved to Georgia for school, yes, but I also moved here. As in I live here. This is home. That doesn't change the fact that I love and miss my parents, brother, church members at Cornerstone Baptist,and everyone else in Maryland, because I do love them and miss them. All of them.

But something that the Lord has really blessed me with is a new sense of where my home is. And what I mean by that is that Cumming, GA is my new Jefferson, MD. It won't ever take the place of it, but I feel ac comfortable in Cumming as I did in Jefferson.
See, lots of students go somewhere for school, but it's just a dorm, or jut an apartment during the school year. It's not home. And it really doesn't provide the same feeling that a house provides.

And it's such a blessing to me that I can be living 750 miles away from my parents and where I grew up, and not have any relatives near here, and still be surrounded by family. The people of Vision Baptist Church have really, really made me feel welcome, and accepted me. And it feels great.

So while millions of college students are going "home" for break, the Lord's blessed me, and I'm already there.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment