Sunday, December 20, 2009

Edgar

It's no secret that I didn't have the best relationship with my father growing up. Not that I always respected my mother, but I really laid the hammer on my dad. A lot. And I would talk back, and ignore him and just flat out didn't honour him in the way the God would have me to do.

But God worked in my life a few months ago, and I called him, and forgave him, and apologized for all those years of disrespect. And I'd like to think that I'm heading in the right direction towards having the kind of relationship with my dad that the Lord wants us to have.

Anyway.

I was driving a young man (who I'm working with/discipling) home tonight, and he asked me, "Have you ever prayed for help with something and the Lord wouldn't answer?"

And I poked and prodded, and it turned out he was having some problems with respecting his parents. Hmm. Interesting. A 19 year old kid, who recently had the Lord change his heart towards his parents is now working with a 16 year old young man who has problems with respecting his parents.

And I'm not sure if I really gave the correct answers or not, I hope I did. And I think I did, but all I said was that he already had the power to respect them. The problem wasn't respecthing his parents, but it was to chose to respect them.

Christians are dead to sin. We've overcome it through Christ Jesus. Our issue is not with overcoming sin, but it lies in choosing God over sin. I told him about Issac, saying nothing as Abraham laud him on the altar, and that Christ, son of God, didn't complain as His father let him be crucified on a cross.

I'm praying for him. I see so much potential and desire to serve the Lord in him. I'm grateful for the chance to work with him. I'd ask you to pray for a young man named Edgar, and that the Lord would grow him to be a great man of God.

Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment