Friday, December 4, 2009

In the fourth watch of the night.

Last night was an awesome night. After church, I talked with Mike Shane for a while. He's an awesome guy; in about an hour, he really taught me some amazing things. Then he tried to wrestle me.

Anyway.

There were a few of us who worked late last night, and Micah and I actually worked all night and then slept at the church.

And I'm not saying this to brag on anyone, but it was an awesome time. I've never been someone who really likes manual labour, but in the last two and a half months, I've seen the Lord grow me to enjoy it some more.

At about 3:30-4:00 am, Micah and I stopped working. I went to the kitchen to get a snack, and when I got back, Micah was watching either Jason and the Argonauts or Hercules..or both at the same time.

So at about 5:00 am, I realized something...that it was 5am, and here we sit, watching old movies on a computer, eating chips. That's what I call serving the Lord.

At about 6:45, I woke up (I moved the couch across the church so I could watch the movie and lay down at the same time.) and noticed something.

"Why is Micah sleeping on the floor? And is he using Scott's coat as a jacket? Whatever.... I'm going back to sleep." (It was the funniest thing in the world at the moment.)

The next thing I know it was 8am, David Velke was asking me why I was sleeping on the couch...in the office.

It might not sound that exciting to anyone else, but I had a blast.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment