Sunday, January 10, 2010

Authority y gloria!

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Paul writes some pretty strong words in these two verses. First off, we see that anyone who is under authority, is to be subject to that authority, even if you don’t like that authority. And personally, I sometimes struggle with authority, and respecting it like I should.

Even if my boss or whomever, does treat me with a lack of respect, and a lack of character, I am still to obey, and follow him/her as a leader, because it is God who has put him/her above me. And should I try to resist, and “buck-up” against that authority, I’m really just fighting against God!

So, even if I rebel against my authority, and get what I want, I still rebelled against God, which is the opposite of what I want! It’s best just to submit to authority, and realize that God’s put it there than to fight against it, and try to prove a point.

Rom 15:8 Digo, pues, que Cristo Jesús fué hecho ministro de la circuncisión por la verdad de Dios, para confirmar las promesas hechas á los padres,

Rom 15:9 Y para que los Gentiles glorifiquen á Dios por la misericordia; como está escrito: Por tanto yo te confesaré entre los Gentiles, Y cantaré á tu nombre.

Cristo vino a la Tierra para glorificar al Señor. Y debemos hacer la misma cosa. Pero, no debemos enfocar solamente en que le glorificamos, pero que los otros glorifican al Señor también.

Porque, si solo pongo énfasis en mi trabajo, nunca ayudaré a alguien más. Y sí, puedo dar gloria al Señor en mi propio ser, pero, si ayudo a alguien más, ahora, hay dos personas glorificando al Señor.

Y este debe ser nuestro gol: que Dios recibe tanta gloria como sea posible. Y debemos hacer cualquiera cosa que sea necesaria para glorificar a Él.


Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment