Sunday, August 16, 2009

An amazing Sunday

I'm trying to think up some witty, or clever, first line to this post, but it's not going so well. I want to come up with brilliant analogies, compelling metaphors, astounding juxtapositions and a myriad of other well described literary terms. Instead, I think I'll just talk in rather simple terms.

God is good. No, God is great. To be honest, there aren't enough adjectives in any language to do justice to how amazing God truly is. Even if you took the most amazing and potent adjectives from every language under the sun, and were to combine them into one adjective, dripping with description, it still would fall short of God's glory.

Pastor Gardener preached an amazing message tonight from Ephesians 3 20-21. Long story short, God will do not only what we ask, but He'll do it above and beyond what we ask. It's disrespectful to ask God for small things because it's a doubt of His ability to do big things. I think I quoted Pastor Gardener correctly there. (I’m sorry if I didn’t)

I felt embarrassed for only asking small things from God. I felt that I've been holding Him back from doing even mightier things than He already has in my life.

I didn't do a good job with this post. I don't think it's possible for me to explain how amazing today really way. I'm out of word, adjectives, nouns, and all that fancy fluff. I'm going to bed. I start work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment