Tuesday, August 18, 2009

That which is around you.

There's an old saying that goes a little something like, "If one runs with dogs, one will have fleas." Of course, the same thing goes for the other end of the spectrum. The person who is associated with Godly people will be drawn, or sometimes pushed, closer to God.

One of the things that I love about the people down here is that they encourage me to draw near to God. "Religion" (for lack of a better word) isn't a game. People aren't in church on Sunday and in a pub on Monday. Men seem to love their wives, and the wives seem to love their husbands. People are backing their words up with their actions, and devoting their whole lives to Christ and His glorious cause.

I'm not trying to take a dig at any other churches, but I'm really grateful to be in a church like this. The power of God is evident all throughout Vision Baptist. I'm so grateful for the people here and just how supportive they really are. It's very, refreshing (though that word is not strong enough) to be surrounded by people who all love God after coming from the type of home that I did (and I seriously mean no disrespect by that. I promise).

(For the record, I mean no disrespect at all to anyone at all.) My whole life, I've wanted to follow God with my whole life instead of just a part of it, or some of it. I've always felt like something has been holding me back until recently. Maybe it's because I'm lazy, and just never decided to take "religion" (for lack of a better word) seriously until now, or maybe it's because everyone here has the same desire. I really feel like the people here are going to help me do just that, follow God with my entire being.

I'm finally at the point where I realize that I am going to be a man of God with my whole life. I can't say that I'll ever have a big house, lots of money, a fancy car, work a 9-5 type job, or anything "normal people" do in life. Instead, I've given my life to Christ to help further His cause in the country of Spain (and anywhere else I may be.)

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but to me, I'm so very grateful to be surrounded by people who love the Lord, from the oldest to the youngest, and everyone in between, I'm so glad to be surrounded by such amazing Christians.

Also, I got to hold a newborn baby today. He was cute. I wanna have one of my own one day, but not too soon. Anyway, I’m way off topic, and way ahead of myself thinking about children. It was cool to see a newborn and everything. It was a really awesome experience.
I work tomorrow. God’s good and gave me a job with a pretty decent pay rate.
I’m just so thankful for everything God is doing in my life, and I’m grateful He’ll keep it up!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're so happy there. It makes me happy to see you happy. And I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today and really enjoyed reading it. Vision is a great church and I'm so glad that everyone is making you feel welcome!

    Just let me know when you get a good sale at BB&B.. I need so much stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that you are happy. Seems at thought things are going really well for you. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete