Sunday, August 23, 2009

How to rob a bank.

You want to rob a bank? Great. Me too. We need to plan this out. There can be no mistakes.

The first thing were going to have to do is to get someone working at the bank: an inside man. Better yet, a woman; no one would suspect a woman to rob a bank. After she's in, we'll just lay low and let her get used to the flow of things. Give her time to find out all the security systems and all of that. Once she's totally used to how it works, we'll figure out when it's least crowded: less people makes it easier for us. Our inside lady will disable the security system, the silent alarm and the other bankers. That's when we'll swoop in and eliminate all the customers. After that, we'll have her override the safe security system, and we'll be out in the getaway van in under 3 minutes.

Now, it might seem weird for me to talk about robbing a bank, but I was a bank robber of sorts today. More like I was the bank, actually.

See, we often let ourselves get robbed of our joy or our fire for the Lord. It starts inside. Our fire for God isn't an external fire. It's internal. We let things get inside of us and slowly put that fire out. It disables our security systems and alarms. By the time something comes in against us, we're helpless to stop it.

See, I let myself get complacent with life. I was relying on myself, and was OK with where I was. I stopped seeking God with my whole heart for a minute, just a moment, and before I knew what was happening, I was internally cold. It happened right in front of my face, but I didn't even notice it. It's just like being robbed from the inside out. It can happen to the best of us.

I pray that I would be sensitive to things that are trying to rob me. I want to be aware to them so that I will be able to run to God when they come. I want to be on fire for the Lord and His kingdom. I want to be so excited for Him that it bothers other people. (Most likely those who have been robbed)

Examine yourself, have you been robbed lately?

1 comment:

  1. Kyle, I'm like reading your daily walk w/the Lord, but you need to include other areas of your life for me to read. I like knowing about your job, the friends you've made, and whatever happens to you on a daily basis. (That is unless this blog is just about your relegiou life.) I love you and not a day goes by that I don't think about you and your happiness. Nanny

    ReplyDelete