Monday, August 24, 2009

Nothing.

Sometimes, God doesn't send you a check in the mail, or move a huge mountain out of your life. Sometimes, God just watches. Sometimes, nothing "big" happens in your life.

But this isn't a bad thing always. There is very, very little in the Bible, if any at all, about Jesus, God incarnate, between the ages of 12 and about 30. He was training. Becoming a man. Doing what was needed in order to do what would be needed. Sometimes, you just have those basic days where you do your devotions, God shows you something, and you go put into the world. Satan shows up here and there, but not too much. No major struggles, nothing. Sometimes, it's just a basic day.

See, I'm kind of a simple guy. I like sports. I like to run track, and I love to win. But the thing is this: I don't wait till the day of a race to get ready. Race day was the day when I would show what I'd been doing in the training sessions, the boring days. I show that I've been quietly making myself stronger, and becoming ready. If I wait till the day of the race to start working out, I'll fail.

Sometimes we think, "oh, there's nothing for me to do." In truth, those are the moments when we should be doing the most. Those are the moments when we should be working our hardest to draw nigh unto God, and to give ourselves over to Him totally.

I'm trying too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment