Saturday, August 29, 2009

You aren't important.

Lately, I've been studying in the book of Amos. I studied this book a while ago, and I feel it's a book that many people forget about. To me, this is a sad thing. In just 6 chapters of Amos, the Lord has revealed many things to me, and I've really learned quite a lot from it.

Overall, I feel, the most prominent thing would be that God is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of whom you are, if you step out of line, the hammer is coming. Don't think you can stay in sin and get away with it.

I'm not trying to say that God is up above, just waiting for us to fail so He can bring His fist down on top of us and make us suffer. He isn't. But, if His children are stepping out of line, they need to be disciplined.

I want to be sure that I'm not coming across with the message that God just loves to sit up there and smite us every chance He gets, because I'd be lying. God won't bring the hammer don on you right away. He'll give you a chance to be blessed by His mercy and turn back from your sin and filth (I'm not talking about salvation) and come back to Him.

I feel that my blog posts have been very cheerful and "fluffy" until now, and I don't want to give the impression that it's all fluff to follow God. There are some tough times, and some storms as well.

I'm just saying that no matter what you've done, how strong you are, fast you are, good looking, smart, musically talented, good of a speaker or rich you are, you're still nothing next to God, and He can take you out in an instant.

Of course, isn't it amazing that, even though we're so puny next to God, that He would become a Man and die for us?

2 comments:

  1. It's really ironic how I wrote this during the morning, and then went ahead and made a complete idiot of myself all day long everywhere I went. I guess I really am nothing. Reap what you blog, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont be to hard on yourself we are all still learning. You are doing a fine job and we at Cornerstone are thankful for what God is doing in your life.

    ReplyDelete