Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Rollercoaster

There were a whole lot of up and downs in my day today, hence the name of today's blog. I woke up a little late, having gotten little to no sleep at all last night. I blame fast food. Any sandwich named "The Baconator" is bad news, no matter how delicious it may be.

So I woke up today, Micah was up and moving some stuff around, and so I kinda unpacked a little bit (finally) and headed off to my job interview. I dropped Micah off at the church, and then headed over to Kroger. I was so nervous that I wasn't going to be on time; it was raining pretty hard, traffic was going nowhere, and I was starting to freak out. After getting a little bit more nervous than I should have, I finally arrived at Kroger.

I went in, did my interview, and walked out. Assuming I pass my drug test, which I will. I'll have a job. YAY!

That was the end of my morning happiness. I realized that working for minimum wage wasn't going to pay my bills, but at least God gave me a job. Granted, I complained, whined, moaned and got down on the fact that I would be working for minimum wage, but God provided me a job. Isn't it funny how God answered my prayer, yet I still manage to complain? Anyway...

I went back to the church, feeling bummed out because I didn't see any possible way that I would be able to pay my bills only earning minimum wage, and all that stuff. I was pretty burnt out, and kinda moped around church doing nothing, although I did watch some reallllly old episodes of Looney Toons with Tyler Masters and David Velke.

Later that evening, a group of about 10 of us went to a small, small church in downtown Atlanta. For those of you who have had the privilege to attend Cornerstone Baptist Church in Jefferson, Maryland, imagine a church building three times smaller than that with less than 10 people there (excluding our group).

I find it to be no coincidence that the pastor there was preaching from Psalms 18:1-3. The message was about trusting God no matter what, and using Him as your strength. It CANNOT be a random occurrence that I, in a time when I was doubting God's ability to provide the finances I need, that I randomly hopped into a van, randomly showed up at a random church in some random part of downtown Atlanta and randomly heard a message from a random preacher on the exact thing I needed to hear. That was all random occurence I'm sure? More likely, it was an active, and loving, God caring for one of His children when His child was being a bit of a dummy.

I'm hoping and praying Micah will be able to get me hooked up delivering pizza for Papa John's, because , according to what he told me from his experience, this pays for the bills a lot better than minimum wage will.

I started high, went down a little, and came back up. I can't wait to see how much higher God will take me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment