Monday, November 2, 2009

Ouch.

Pro 29:5 A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet.

I've been flattered for too long, and had peopel exalt me way beyond reason, and been basically lied to, and now I've fallen into a net, and been snared.

Last night was a very rough night for me.
In a matter of about two hours, I went from being happy, but only because of a false sense of arrogance, to incredibly humbled, because of the truth. Wouldn't it be nice to be happy, and humbled?
I literally cannot remember being as humbled as I was last night. I had to come crashing down to earth, and have my pride stuffed straight down my throat.
And I don't even think I got ripped on. What really happened was that people were finally honest with me, and someone(s) decided to care enough to tell me I'm not all that, and I have an absolute ton of work to do.
I'm not complaning, or at least I'm not trying to, because I can't grow in anything if I don't know I can grow.
For example, if I were at a buffet, and only got one plate because I didn't know it was "all you can eat," I'd get to eat, but I wouldn't be full. I wouldn't know I was able to eat all I wanted till someone told me I was wrong, and then told me the truth.
And, in fact, that's exactly what happened. I thought I was the best, or at least pretty darn close, and it turns out, I'm not anywhere close. Not by a long shot. But now that I know I have work to do, I can do it.
And it's interesting how a net will snare you, but the sword can cut the net to free you.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment