Saturday, December 19, 2009

I was listening to Chris Gardner's message about boldness this morning (It was the one he preached the last time he was at Vision. Acts 4). And it would just happen that I'm reading in the Book of Joshua, a man who was about as bold as you can be. Or ast least he was in my opinion.

And I was thinking about something, and I might be totally wrong on this, but it makes sense to me. When I pray that God would end the trial I'm going through, my goal is just to survive the storm, and clear the hurdle, and serving Him become secondary. But if I ask for boldness to do what He's called me to do, the trial becomes secondary, and serving Him becomes primary.

And I know it's easy to say that now, when my bills are paid, and I'm getting lots of hours at work. But when I don't have money to pay my bills, and I only work 20 hours a week at work, I'd do well to ask for boldness and courage to continue, than to ask for relief.

I'm re-reading a book Brother Pearson gave me, called Actidud de Vencedor, or, Attitude of the Victor. (Or at least I'd translate it that way) And one thing that really sticks out to me is when Maxwell, the author, talks about the right moment to make a decision. Basically, we need to make the right decision (putting the Lord first and asking for boldness) at the right time (before trials and problems put our teeth down our throat). And that's what's happening here. I'm sitting pretty right now. Bills paid. Food at home. Hours at work. I have no room to complain.

But at some point, adversity will show up, and I'd be better off asking for boldness and courage than to get out of the situation.

Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment