Saturday, December 19, 2009

Old fogey y pedir!

Jos 14:10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.
Jos 14:11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

I don't know if I'll live to be eighty five years old, but if I do, I doubt that I'll feel like I did when I was forty. In fact, between running in high school and college, and just constant wear and tear, I'll be pretty happy to just be able to walk at 85.

But Joshua, who walked through the wilderness almost his whole life at that point felt as young at 85 as he did at 45. And in itself, that's amazing. But what's more amazing is that God uses this 85 year old man to conquer lots or land, and defeat many enemies!

It's just another example of God's provision for His people, and doing miraculous things to glorify Himself.

Jos 15:18 Y aconteció que cuando la llevaba, él la persuadió que pidiese á su padre tierras para labrar. Ella entonces se apeó del asno. Y Caleb le dijo: ¿Qué tienes?
Jos 15:19 Y ella respondió: Dame bendición: pues que me has dado tierra de secadal, dame también fuentes de aguas. El entonces le dió las fuentes de arriba, y las de abajo.

Vemos aqui que, a veces, tenemos que pedir si queremos algo. En este ejemplo Axa pidió a Caleb por más tierra que ya tuvo. Y El se la di a ella.

Cuando necesitamos algo, debemos pedir al Señor que el nos la diría.



Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment