Friday, December 18, 2009

Let it snow.

Right now, it's snowing in Maryland. And from what I hear, it's between 12 and 20 inches. I love the heat, and I love GA, but I'd be pretty happy to have some snow tight about now. Nothing much, just two feet or so.

Anyway. I'm pretty excited about going down to Cabbagetown tomorrow. I've never been before, and I really want to go. I normally work on Saturdays and can't go, but I worked Monday-Friday this week, so I have Saturday off.

I'm pretty excited about going.

And something else I've been seeing as a re occurring theme in my devotional readings is the importance of letting the Lord do things for us. In I Corinthians I read about how our strength should be in the Lord, Joshua 1-3 was about the Lord giving Joshua what he would need to be a leader, and today was also about the Lord winning the battle.

All I really need to so is to show up. Trent often jokes that people in the Bible would hold out a sword, close their eyes, and 500 people would be defeated. I don't think he's stretching the truth all that much.

I'm really seeing the Lord work in my life like never before. I mean, I lived off of 12 dollars worth of food in November, this month, He's not only filled the house with food, but also paid all my bills.

I looked in the freezer today, and it was full of food. So were the cabinets, and I even had a box of Ritz in my car. And I really have no idea how it all got there. I mean, I bought some of it, but at least 75% of it came from the Lord.

And even though I've made some bad choices from time to time, it doesn't change the fact that the Lord wants to show me how much He loves me. He forgave Israel after Achan goofed up. He'll keep forgiving me when I goof up.

I dunno what else to day really. Well, I'd like some snow.

Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment