Thursday, January 7, 2010

Three things the flu has taught me

I can deal with missing work because I'm sick. I don't like it, but I can deal with it. What really bothers me, is that I'm not able to be working at the church right now.

And I know that I'm not so instrumental in the work there that I have to be there, because I'm not. I don't think I've helped a bit in the new building, but work is still being done. I just wish I could be there, because I want to be there.

And Ben Johnson sent me an article about not wasting my flu, which is really something that helped me. Even though I've not always enjoyed this flu, it's been a blessing from the Lord in a few ways.

1-It gave me a chance to see how much people really do care about me, and are willing to help me. Alex Montero gave up his Tuesday night, and valuable sleep time to take me to the hospital. And Chris Fies came down to visit me while I was in the ER. Neither of these men had to do what they did; they chose to do so on their own free will. And that really shows me how much they care for me, and I really do appreciate that. It's also good to know that I have a church family who prays for me constantly, and even more so when I'm sick. I'm grateful for such loving people.

2-It's given me some time to spend at home, which has provided me with an opportunity to clean up a little bit. And that's a good thing, because the place needed some cleaning. It might not be the most illustrious work, but it really did need to be done.

3-It made me grateful for having such a merciful landlord. Mark Coffey fronted the money for my medication when I didn't have it. (Of course, I did have to pay him back....we're Baptists after all) But even that is a really generous offer. He went out of his way to help me, and I really appreciate that.

And there's more and more that I've learned through this flu, but I think the thing that stands out the most is this:

appreciate your health!

Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment