Sunday, January 3, 2010

Where do you live?

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Php 1:22 But if I live in the flesh...

I struggle sometimes with living in the flesh, and doing what I want to do, and living in my desires. And, to be perfectly honest, I've been walking in the flesh more than I'd like to admit lately. And today, I really saw the remedy for that.

Pastor Gardner was preaching an awesome message, and I sat there, and didn't even listen for a few minutes. But that's when I really saw my remedy.

Paul says that his life is Christ, but....

And the word "but" is used to join to opposing ideas together. And it's followed by the word "if", which is used to make something conditional.

And here Paul says that if he's in Christ, he isn't in the flesh.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Php 1:22 But if I live in the flesh

But if I live in the flesh....I can't be living in Christ.

And the secret to not living in the flesh is to live in Christ. Because IF you're in Christ, you can't be in the flesh.

It really opened my mind, and I'm extremely grateful for the Lord showing me that. And I'm sure that's basic knowledge, but it really helped me.

And then I started paying attention again.

Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment