Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Steak & Shake.

When I wore a younger man's clothes, I would only read a chapter, or twenty verses of the Bible in an entire day. At the time, it was a good amount. I was a young Christian. I was still feeding off milk.

However, my problem, as a younger man, was that I was only feeding off of milk. I kept reading the same amount of scripture each day. I never grew. For the longest time, I was only reading a small amount. I was trying to grow, and only eat one meal a day.

I look at Micah, and I'm like "Wow, he really knows his Bible. I wish I knew as much as he does." Then I realized something; he reads and studies his Bible much more than I do. I wake up and get out of the shower, and he's studying his Bible. I'll start, and finish, my devotions, and he's still studying.

Christianity is, at least through my eyes, a lot like working out, or trying to "get into shape." The more quality work you do in it, the stronger you get.

The Bible tells us to grow from milk to meat. Milk is good for growing, but meat is better.
One chapter of the Bible has lots of information, but three have more.

The reason, I find, personally, that I'm not growing in Christ like I want to, is that I'm not doing what I need to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment