Sunday, October 18, 2009

How to be a man: Proverbs 1 and 2.

One thing I've really been working on lately is trying to be a man of God, and not a boy of God. I'll admit I fail a lot, more than I succeed, but I'm still trying.

In Proverbs 1, we see that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. In Proverbs 2, we see that if we incline our ears to wisdom, and apply it to our hearts (2:1-2) that we may walk in the way of good men (20)

And that's my whole problem, I suppose. Despite the fact that I know what I need to do, I'm not applying it. Sure, I know how to glorify God, but do I really glorify Him? Brother Tony said it in class the other day:

"Knowing God is much different than knowing facts about God"

And he's right. Just because I know what to do, that doesn't make me any more of a man than a textbook. A book is full of facts and useful things, but it can't ever apply them. My whole problem is that, even on the rare occasion that my mouth is shut, so are my ears.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment