Sunday, November 8, 2009

An audience of one.

At some point, I lost sight of "I'm going to go to Spain, and work for the Lord, and do what He wants me to do and that's it." and I started to stare at, "I'm going to be a great missionary, and start 244355454615125 churches and train 65652465 nationals to start 6526556562156 churches and start 3254657 Bible colleges."
I started to lose focus of pleasing God, and I started putting my focus on pleasing man. And my pride says that I have to be in Spain for 50 years, and be super missionary man, and do all this stuff. And blah blah blah.
But that's not true, and I really just need to love God more, and doing what gives Him glory, and realize that I might not be in Spain for 20 years, or 10 years, or even a full year. I might not make it to Spain. But as long as it's what the Lord wants, and I follow Him....regardless of what man says, I'm doing the right thing. If I spend 5 years on deputation, and only have 4% support, as long as I'm doing what the Lord tells me to do, and giving Him all the glory, then I'm fine, and man can go throw stones elsewhere.
This probably doesn't make much sense, and I probably seem like I'm rambling. But I dunno. It's been one of those days.
I'm going to Pensacola tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about that.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

1 comment:

  1. You are right on target. Keep allowing yourself to be be teachable and open and you will be all he desires of you no matter what or where.

    ReplyDelete