Friday, November 13, 2009

España

When I was 14 years old, I felt the Lord calling me to be a missionary, and in specific, to the country of Spain.

Thought I've wandered away from the Lord at times, He still loved me, and I've always felt a calling to be a missionary.

Until now, I've always been a bit too dogmatic about going to Spain, though. I'm not entirely sure why, but I've never, ever, not once thought about going anywhere else.

And I still have a burden for Spain, and, unless the Lord changes something, that's the field I'm training to go to.

However, through some wise advice and such, I've slightly changed my view on that. Right now, my burden is for Spain. However, I'm now open to the idea that the Lord may change that. And as much as I have a burden for Spain, should the Lord change that, I'd be willing to follow Him.

Spain, no matter who goes there, is a tough place o be a missionary. It's been called a graveyard for missionaries. It's a tough field. And if I go there, and it isn't the Lord's will, and isn't His plan, I'm going to be in some major, major trouble.

And this isn't me saying I don't feel like the Lord wants me to be a missionary, nor that I still feel called to Spain. I'm just saying that if the Lord decides to change that field, I'm OK with that.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment