Thursday, December 10, 2009

God is so good.

God is so good.

And He's in control of everything. I don't always see His power all the time, but man, when I do look at how in control He is, it really is good.

I really, really hate talking about numbers in public, but sufficient it is to say that the Lord is the one who provides my needs.

I might have a job, and I might work my tail off every day from 9-5, but it's really the Lord who gives me that money. He might use a paycheck to meet my needs, but it's always Him meeting them. God is so good.

I was praying today, and I said,

"Lord, I don't know what you want me to do; my bills aren't paid and my money is all gone. I have no idea what to do."

Then came the conviction of the Holy Spirit...
"Good. Stop paying your bills with your money, and let the Lord pay them with His."

And that's exactly what's been going on.

Something I've really learned from Friday Bible study with Scott Newton is how faithful God really is. And a few weeks ago, Scott challenged us to ask God to show us how faithful He really is.

And I took it to heart. And I asked, and continue to ask the Lord to show Himself faithful.

And He has been so faithful to meet my needs. I eat every day. I have a job. He just paid all my bills. I want for nothing in my life. And even the things that aren't tangible, the Lord has provided. Things that really aren't things, and can't be seen, the Lord's provided for me in those areas as well.

And the Lord has really blessed me today. He blesses me every day with His love and acceptance, but today He decided to give me some blessings in a financial sense.

But I think sometimes people get in a mindset where we think that God isn't blessing us if we can't see it. But I think God's biggest blessings are the ones we can't see.

I mean, I can't see salvation, and I think that's a pretty big blessing. But even when God wasn't financially blessing me to the degree as He did today, He was still blessing.


--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment