Friday, December 11, 2009

Who needs who?

I'll be the first to say that I feel very out of place talking about money with other people. So, for this blog, I'll not mention anything concrete.

As of this morning, I hadn't paid tuition for November or December, and I hadn't paid rent for December either. I was planning to pay for some of November's tuition when the "bean counter" (Which I laugh at that nickname everytime.) got back from his world travels. I had no idea how I was going to pay rent this month and still eat, put gas in my car or do anything.

I got paid today, and after taxes, I made just enough for tithe, faith promise, and then rent. But that would be about all I could afford. There would be no food in my fridge, no gas in my car, nothing.

But God did something amazing. Without me spending a single dollar of my pay check, God paid all my bills for last month and this month in a little less than four hours. My pay check (which is nothing more than a means of God's provision) will go directly to helping fund my summit/travel expenses and the rest will go to savings.

I mean, I am in total awe of how God provided for me. He sent me food and money through Cornerstone Baptist Church. I love Vision Baptist, and this is where the Lord wants me to be, and I have seen God grow me in some mighty ways since I've been here, but there's always something special about the church you grew up in. And Cornerstone Baptist, though they may be 750 miles away, are still very near and dear to me in my heart.

Let's, for the sake of this illustration, assume that God has nothing to do with my pay check. Let's pretend like I earn it on my own. (Even though it's all God's provision) God paid my bills, and didn't even need my check to do it. I had no idea where the provision would come from, but God is faithful, and provided it for me. All on His own power, will and desire. I did nothing.

The more I realize who God is, and how much power He has, I find that I need a job less, and I need Him more....of course, I'm not gonna go quit my job....but still. It's amazing that God can do such amazing things, without any power of my own.


--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment