Monday, November 16, 2009

I Peter 4-5 II Pedro 1

1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

What I see in these verses is a motivation, or a calling, to preach the word to the unsaved. It says in verse 6 that the gospel was preached to them that are dead. The gospel is the power to step from death into life, and in verse 10 we see that we ought to minister, or share, that gift with others. When Pastor Keith Trimble shared the gospel with me over 10 years ago, it wasn’t done out of malice, discontent, in search of a reward, or anything like that. It was simply him ministering the gift to another.


And how great life has been because of someone sharing the gift! I’ve traveled out of the country to do work in the ministry. I’ve been given a chance to preach in two different languages, and to translate for preachers and teachers as well. I’ve had some amazing travels, met some amazing people, and really seen my life change in an amazing way. And it’s all because I accepted Christ as my personal Saviour as a 9 year old boy.


But that boy never accepts Christ if no one tells him about it. He might be saved later down the road, but he might not! And I, for one, am grateful that someone preached the gospel to one who was dead, and ministered the gift to me.


2Pe 1:21 Porque la profecía no fué en los tiempos pasados traída por voluntad humana, sino los santos hombres de Dios hablaron siendo inspirados del Espíritu Santo


Este habla de las escrituras y profecía de los ancianos. Y nos dice que no fueron escritos por la voluntad de un hombre, ni Pedro, ni Pablo. Este versículo es un ejemplo de como la Biblia es, de verdad, la palabra de Dios, y es perfecto, sin culpa.



--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment