Thursday, November 19, 2009

Into the fire.

In the last three days, the Lord has provided both money, gas and food I would not have had by myself. Two of the three were given to me because I volunteered to do something for the church/the Lord's service.

The other one just happened because I was at the church, doing the Lord's work. (I count my schoolwork as working for the Lord. It's my most important ministry right now. I mean, that is why I moved here.)

In the last week or so, I've really learned a lot of things. And when I say learned, I don't mean that I've read them in a book or had them taught to me. I mean that I lived them, and now have first hand experience in them.

Anyone can say, "Just jump into that furnace that's 7 times hotter than normal." But until you're standing in front of it, realizing that you might get burned, you really don't understand how serious it really is.

And I'm learning, bit by bit, to follow the Lord through the furnace. And I really think a few days ago that I finally got all the way inside. And I'm fine so far. I mean, I might get cooked at any point, or I may come through fine.

Either way, I'm coming out. I might be a little bit more well done than I'd like, but hey. Things happen. I'm accepted in the beloved, even if I'm a little bit crispy from the flames.

And knowing that has really improved my outlook on this last week.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment