Wednesday, November 18, 2009

serious time

I went to visit Ethan Howeth last night in the hospital. He's looking pretty good. He's talking, and seems fully alert to everything, which is good. I got to his room around 11pm, and we talked and watched TV for about an hour, and then he fell asleep.
I stayed up for about another hour, and did some serious thought consolidation. It's quickly becoming a new, favourite time of mine. Taking time to be along with the Lord, and to run my thoughts, and the things on my mind through His word, and what I know to be true.
And sometimes, I come up with an answer, albeit a true, biblical one, I don't always like. But it's what I need to do. Sometimes, I love the answer, or conclusion I come to.
Last night, as Ethan lay there asleep, I ran some things, consolidated my thoughts, looked at the Word of God, and really had some serious time alone with the Lord.
It did me a world of good.
Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment