Sunday, October 4, 2009

Family.

Before I begin this post at all, I want to be very, very clear about one thing: I am NOT trying to take a potshot at anyone. I am not angry, upset, bitter, or trying to be ungrateful. I am not saying anyone failed, or trying to put anyone down at all. I'm just saying something that has been on my heart lately.

I don't live with my parents anymore, and have no blood relatives near me. I'm kinda, sorta, on my own, and that's not a complaint. Basically, it's like I have no close family here.

However, as the days go by, I've noticed that there are two families here that almost come off as parents to me, in a kind of goofy way. It's more like I'm an orphan child who is kinda raised by a few different people, yet belongs to none. (Even though I am NOT my own, because I am bought with a price, and belong to Christ.)

It's really nice to know that there are finally adult men, who are more than just males in a church, who I can talk to. I really enjoy seeing Christians, and being surrounded by Christians, and yeah.

I don't know how to say it, really, but still, I feel very content with where I am, but I still want to be grown in the image of Christ, and grown to glorify God more and more.

I don't know. I hope I didn't offend my mother, father, pastor Trimble, or anyone like that with this post. I'm grateful for them, but at the same time, I'm so amazed at how helpful it really is.

Blah. Don't get mad at me.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment