Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Woe unto me!

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of; for necessity is laid upon me; yea woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel."—1 Corinthians 9:16.

I don't really think people understand how much power, as a Christian he or she really has in his/her hand. Jude:23 tells us (in reference to others), save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh."

I think of it like this: I'm standing at the edge of hell with a rope in my hand. Just below me, and out of arm's reach, is a lost soul, hanging on to a small rock, or a twig sticking out of the side of the pit. The soul's grip is slowly weakening, and he/she is starting to slip into hell. However, I, standing on the edge of this pit, have a rope, a means of escape. My arms are not long enough to reach this person, but I can drop them a rope, and they can climb it to escape.

The rope in this case is Jesus Christ. There is no other way to escape hell, save faith and grace through Jesus. Without that rope, that soul is going to slip into hell, and be tormented forever.

Words cannot tell the pain that one in hell will feel, yet woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel.

It's really simple. As a saved Christian, I have the only way out of hell. I'm not that way, and I can't save anyone from hell, but I can throw a lost person a rope. I can tell them about Jesus, and His sacrifice for us.

Granted, some people will reject the rope, but we're still required to throw it to them, and woe upon us if we preach not the gospel.



--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment