Thursday, October 8, 2009

Prayer Cards.

I saw Mark Tolson for the first time last night in exactly two months. We talked for a bit, and I took a look at one of his prayer cards; I think it's an updated one. Anyway.

I was thinking, just a moment ago, what my prayer card will look like. Will my picture be in the center, or the sides? Will it be just me from the waist up, or from head to toe? Will I still be single, or will I have a wife? Kids? Will it be a picture where I'm posed, or will it be a picture of me preaching? What's my prayer card going to look like?

Then I started to think, "Wait a minute. I don't really deserve one. I haven't gone through any training. I'm not like Mark Tolson, or Matt Allen. I'm not a Trent Cornwell or a David Gardner. I'm still in school."

Because, in all honesty, I have a long way to go before I can say I'm ready to be a missionary.

But, as I continued to think about it, I realized that I'll never be ready, and I'll never deserve to be a missionary.

I mean, that the Lord would pick me, out of all the billions of people on earth, to take His holy words to Spain is amazing. There are thousands if not millions of people who are more qualified to take the gospel to Spain, and the rest of the world, than myself. It's very humbling that the Lord would pick me to work for Him, let alone in Spain.

I can't ever study enough to be worthy of being used by God either. I can't ever work hard enough to make Him need me, or so important that He HAS to use me. I'm really just some guy, saved by Christ, who God decided to use.

I feel like I'm trying for something that's "out of my league" with being a missionary. Yet, I know that the Lord has called me to Spain, and as the Lord hath called, so shall I walk (I Cor 7:17)

I don't deserve to be a missionary, let alone have a prayer card, but, for some reason, God decided to use me to be one. It's really humbling, the more I think about it, that God would decide to use me, in spite of my flaws and failures, flesh and weakness, sin and struggles to be a missionary.

It really is.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment