Sunday, October 4, 2009

I Cor7-9

Chapter 7
7: 37 -Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.
The ability, or blessing, to be able to stay steadfast in my heart, as well as the Lord, is one of the things that I am strongly praying for. Paul says that we do well if we don't need. I might be incorrect here, but I think he's talking about need of a spouse/physical relation. I'm not totally sure. But either way, I would do well to stop saying I need this, or I need that, and to start controlling my will a little better.
Chapter 8
As a saved Christian, who is starting to mature in Christ, it it my job NOT to be a stumbling block to other, younger, less mature Christians. My job is not to cut them down, but to lift them up. And the things I should do, should a younger Christian see them, ought glorify God, and not cause a seed of confusion (as to what I'm doing) to be planted.
Chapter 9
There are people who are watching you at all times. Paul says that people were putting him through an exam. That he was constantly being watched and tested. And he was able to give them a good answer to their questions. Can I do the same? Do people who watch me [either as unsaved, or other Christians (ch 8)] have a reason to say I'm not as spiritual as I ought be?
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment