Monday, October 5, 2009

I Cor 10-12

Chapter 10

Paul tells the Corinthians that they ought learn their history (the Israelites in the wilderness) and that they should not be ignorant. I feel that the same would be a good thing in my life. Often times, I'll hear the real men of the church talking about some obscure character in the Bible, and I have no idea what's going on. I often don't know what I should know, and many times just sit there, listening to real men talking as opposed to contributing to conversation.
Chapter 11

I thought it was interesting that, "whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink of this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord." It would seem that anyone who partakes of the Lord's supper without being saved is just making things worse for himself. Or maybe I'm just missing something, and incorrect.
Chapter 12

Unity is key. Without unity, nothing will be done, and the latter half of this chapter is completely about a church working together as one body. If one of my legs decides to walk o the left and another to the right, I'm going to be in a bad way. Same thing if one part of the church goes to the left, and another part to the right.
--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment