Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pride.

When God answers a prayer, He answers it all the way. I’ve been praying for clarity on what to do in a situation, and today, the Lord answered, and clarified what I’m to do.

It’s not what I want to do, and I’ll have to lay aside my desires and pride, but it’s what needs to be done. And it needs to be done with love and willingness, not hate and a grudge.

But, in the long run, I know that it’s the Lord’s will, and that by giving up my desires, I’ll be so much better off than if I tried to do it myself, and followed my flesh.

But it was amazing how bluntly, and openly, God answered my prayer. Literally, as soon as He worked, I instantly thought of my prayer, and realized He had answered it in that moment. In literally 10 seconds, he answered something I’ve been praying for all week. It literally took no time.

And again, it isn’t fun, but Hebrews 12:11 tells us that it won’t be fun now, but it’ll bear fruit later on down the road.

So I now have a choice, as is always the case with this kind of situation.

I can follow my desires, and more than likely have a terrible outcome, OR I can follow God, and let Him lead me to a beautiful outcome, much better than if I tried to do it myself.

--Pray for Spain. Pray that the Lord would raise up missionaries and native Spaniards to take the gospel to the millions of lost souls in Spain.--

No comments:

Post a Comment